Cosmetic Dentistry is the use of dental treatments in order to look better.
- Smile Make Over Dentistry
- Non Preparation Porcelain Veneers
- Same Day Veneer
- Removing white, and brown spot from your teeth
- E-Max Crown
- Home whitening
- In Office Whitening
Before and after Photos
Cosmetic Dentistry FAQ
The answer to this question varies from person to person. It depends on how you feel about your smile, what you do for a living, and many other things that pertain to your personality and style. Once you reach a certain age you realize that your teeth are important for more than just eating.
There are many procedures to use for broken, crooked, lost, and stained teeth. Cosmetic dentistry can whiten teeth, change the shape of your teeth, repair or replace lost or rotten teeth, and straighten teeth.
- Invisible Braces – Rather than using the typical metal braces to straighten out your teeth, the dentist can use clear trays you wear over your teeth that will straighten them gradually. Every other week you move onto another tray and eventually your teeth will be where you want them to be.
- Gum Reshaping — If your gums happen to be misshapen for any reason the cosmetic dentist can simply reshape the gums to make them look more appropriate.
- Dental Implants — Implants are inserted into the area where the root of your tooth originally was. Once the implant is inserted and set, a crown is fixed onto the implant to replace a missing tooth
- Tooth Whitening — Bleaching discolored teeth can be done at home or the dentist’s office. Although the tooth whitening kits they sell in the store are similar, they are not as good or safe as getting it done by your dentist.
- Invisible Fillings — Rather than have the old metal fillings that everyone can see, you can now get fillings that can be made to match your tooth color. The dentist can use porcelain and resin to form the filling and color it to match your other teeth.
With the help of new types of innovative technology, cosmetic dentistry can change lives. Whereas before a person with crooked teeth had to get metal braces, now they can use the invisible braces that fix your smile gradually.
In some cases, it can be to fix a malformation or damage that is affecting the patient’s ability to eat or talk. In other cases, the patient wants the procedure to make them feel more satisfied with their appearance.
This all depends on the procedure being performed. Prices can range from $20 for tooth whitening to thousands of dollars for porcelain veneers.
If you take good care of your teeth and the procedure is done by an experienced dental provider like the ones here in Toronto.
Bonding is the act of attaching a resin-like material to your teeth to fix certain chips or cracks in the teeth. Veneers are made of porcelain and they are an actual shield on your teeth that is stronger than the enamel normally on your teeth. Veneers will protect your teeth longer than bonding. Crowns are just covers for one or two teeth to replace the damaged enamel and tooth. They can be made from several materials, but the most common is porcelain.
Yes, if the change is visible by your smile others will notice your new appearance. With the new materials available your teeth will look as natural as regular teeth, only better.
Depending on the procedure and the reason you are doing it, your new smile will make you feel more secure and satisfied with your appearance. This can result in a better attitude, less insecurity, and that can change your life.
Anyone can get cosmetic dentistry, but do tell the dentist about any medical conditions you may have, such as Diabetes.
In some cases, your dental insurance will pay for the treatment. It has to be part of a necessary treatment that just happens to make your teeth look better in the process. You should contact your dental health provider and your insurance carrier for more information.